Friday, July 08, 2005

Project/Spoken Show in Omaha on 7/7... \m/

I actually made it to the Project concert... I humbled myself and asked Aaron for a ride.

So what happened... I bought one of Project's new shirts (the brown one that looks like a propaganda poster). I missed Names Without Numbers, although I talked with their lead singer afterwards. Then Subseven came on... they were excessively arsekicking except for the little Jesus advertising plug in the middle of their set. After that was Spoken... they played "Sleep Well Tonight" which is my favorite song of theirs.

Then Project came on and was disappointed in all the Sokol Underground scene kiddies acting "cool" and just standing there so they riled them up, and I started the mosh in pretty much every single instance. Well, me and this kid Jimmy that I didn't recognize but apparently recognized me from high school. (Small world, I guess.) So we dominated the pit and pissed off the scene kids. They yelled at me on the way out, so I flipped 'em off.

What else... I have one of Subseven's broken drumsticks, signed by the band... and Schwab's two poetry books, and $47 less in my wallet than I did this time yesterday. It ruled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home