Too many cooks in the kitchen.
My girlfriend and I aren't engaged yet, but we're already planning our wedding. Only problem with this is that everyone seems to think we need advice. We even CHANGED THE DATE OF THE WEDDING so that nobody'd be able to make it but our immediate nuclear families and one or two friends.
Well, some slightly more distant relations have basically just invited themselves to this shindig. Not only that, but they're trying to tell us about how we need to invite a whole bunch of people "or else their feelings will get hurt". I couldn't care less-it's not their wedding, and they're not even supposed to BE there. I'd tell them off right now if it was just me making the decisions.
I know this is supposed to be a semi-professional blog, but eh. I suppose this is a vaguely libertarian dispute... in the sense that I want outside interference to depart from my life, and I want to be able to decide my own fate (or in this case, we want to be able to decide our own fate).
Well, some slightly more distant relations have basically just invited themselves to this shindig. Not only that, but they're trying to tell us about how we need to invite a whole bunch of people "or else their feelings will get hurt". I couldn't care less-it's not their wedding, and they're not even supposed to BE there. I'd tell them off right now if it was just me making the decisions.
I know this is supposed to be a semi-professional blog, but eh. I suppose this is a vaguely libertarian dispute... in the sense that I want outside interference to depart from my life, and I want to be able to decide my own fate (or in this case, we want to be able to decide our own fate).

3 Comments:
:@ I hate nosy people.
Me Too...Its our wedding not the worlds!
Yeah, I hear ya. I'm in the same boat you are; Mike and I aren't officially engaged, but we know it's gonna happen. My mom is awesome about everything--she knows Mike and I are going to get married, and she has the attitude of, "I'm here to help you if you want it." She has given me advice and things to think about, which I love her for. But as far as the wedding goes, she's not meddling at all. However, the minute Mike tells his mom, I'm afraid we will be faced with all that kind of crap.
Post a Comment
<< Home