dreamsforsale.net is going offline... :(
Justin Sharp (Nostalgia) just gave us the bad news here about DFS shutting down. From his announcement:
"This site has taken up a huge part of my life, and over the three years that it's been up i have learned a lot about myself, and my beliefs. I know now that i truly know next to nothing, and the more i "learn," the less i know, and the more questions i have. I have enjoyed talking with you all, learning from you all, and testing my own ideas with you all. I think all of you can attest to the fact that when i started this forum, i was a completely different person than who i am today."
I was a blog author on DFS' main site. It was a beautiful thing. I remember the debates with everyone on there. I remember Thoth and LTJ having huge "let's tinker with socialism" threads. I remember our universal mocking of Acamas... that was funny, especially the Acamasgate scandals we cooked up. I remember the mock elections where my made-up Liberty Party couldn't quite stop LTJ's Liberal Populists (a one-man party) from taking over. I remember dialectic trying to "convert" Barfo by changing some VNV Nation lyrics, and the two of us coming together to talk about VNV's awesomeness. That place will be missed.
Justin, and the rest of you Dreamers out there, thank you for the memories.
"This site has taken up a huge part of my life, and over the three years that it's been up i have learned a lot about myself, and my beliefs. I know now that i truly know next to nothing, and the more i "learn," the less i know, and the more questions i have. I have enjoyed talking with you all, learning from you all, and testing my own ideas with you all. I think all of you can attest to the fact that when i started this forum, i was a completely different person than who i am today."
I was a blog author on DFS' main site. It was a beautiful thing. I remember the debates with everyone on there. I remember Thoth and LTJ having huge "let's tinker with socialism" threads. I remember our universal mocking of Acamas... that was funny, especially the Acamasgate scandals we cooked up. I remember the mock elections where my made-up Liberty Party couldn't quite stop LTJ's Liberal Populists (a one-man party) from taking over. I remember dialectic trying to "convert" Barfo by changing some VNV Nation lyrics, and the two of us coming together to talk about VNV's awesomeness. That place will be missed.
Justin, and the rest of you Dreamers out there, thank you for the memories.
4 Comments:
Nos is just very depressed and sad. Its all my falt for its downfall!!!
DOWN WITH COMMUNISM! GLORY TO LIBERTY AND EQUALITY!!
And yes, this is Acamas speaking.
Acamas, you had nothing to do with DFS going offline. Shit like you doesn't even enter the equation.
Haw haw haw!!! Your real name is Stuart Richards what a dum name.
BTW, can I be unbanned I promise to be uhhh... idono I never was bad or anything.
Post a Comment
<< Home