Sunday, November 15, 2009

Fora Meme 1: Kythera Rides Again/Horseytime

This is gonna be a series, I think. The Fora, in its long existence, has accumulated original memes the way plumbing systems build up shit accretions. There's actually more here than initially comes to mind, so we'll be here a while. I'll try to start old and work my way forward.

First off is these gems:





Backstory is this. An ex-admin, Kohlee03, was a total slut very interested in discussing sex, and demanded that I make a sex forum. Kythera is what I called it-it was a Greek island that was an ancient center of worship of the goddess Aphrodite, and therefore kept with my pretentious Greco-Roman forum naming scheme.

Anyway, threads that got really raunchy would invariably be moved to Kythera. And threads seemed to be getting raunchy all the time. So, bored one day, I cooked up "Kythera Rides Again" to make fun of the sex-obsessed maniacs populating my Fora. That got repeated ad nauseam until the ghost of MC Hammer did a take on it. The Fora itself made fun of the meme, which in turn led to this.

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home