...for guiding you home
My love
If summer was a war
And you were in the field
I'd tie a ribbon 'round my tree
Until the day the troops came home
My heart would be Kent State
Where we all would demonstrate
Saying "Hell no we won't go"
But they still would carry you away
So I'd send you all my love
In the form of Oreos
And letters and CDs
With songs like these for guiding you home
I
Thought it would be neat
If I sent you this CD
To keep you company
On your long flight home to see me
So while you're munching on peanuts
To make your ears believe
In things like air pressure
I hope you like the stuff on the record sleeve
I hope it makes you smile
Hey wait it's been a while
And the flaps are out the wheels are
Touching down and guiding you home
If summer was a war
And you were in the field
I'd tie a ribbon 'round my tree
Until the day the troops came home
My heart would be Kent State
Where we all would demonstrate
Saying "Hell no we won't go"
But they still would carry you away
So I'd send you all my love
In the form of Oreos
And letters and CDs
With songs like these for guiding you home
I
Thought it would be neat
If I sent you this CD
To keep you company
On your long flight home to see me
So while you're munching on peanuts
To make your ears believe
In things like air pressure
I hope you like the stuff on the record sleeve
I hope it makes you smile
Hey wait it's been a while
And the flaps are out the wheels are
Touching down and guiding you home

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home