Sunday, July 31, 2005

AFL-CIO gets neutered; Libertarian political opening in '06?

Woohoo!

With the organized labor movement in America falling apart at the seams and decentralizing, Democrats won't be getting as much money as they were in previous election cycles; at least for the short-term. There is a vacuum to be filled and the Republicans won't fill all of it, or even most.

If the LP can get its shit in gear by the time the '06 elections roll around, we could fill the hole that the unions are leaving. But we have to move fast, and move intelligently. No more campaigning on "OGM NO TAXZ 4EVA" and "PRIVATIZE EVERYTHING", no more Pledge, no more "I'm more libertarian than thou" in the Party. Get a replacement for Seehusen that can continue his political pragmatism with stuff like setting up shop at CPAC and the IES. Send more realists to the LNC. Fix the platform into something that looks a little less like Ayn Rand's wet dream.

If the Libertarians can do all this, we can fit into the space left by the lack of money the Democrats will have across the board in '06.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, how much good do you do us by posting it here? Spread it around, Stu.

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes come on libertarians listen to Augusta! He should be your leader and stuff, it would make your party way better!

BTW, I posted a bunch of spam on Goth.net cause I hate Goths and I just wanted to help my good friend princeps.

- Samaca

5:51 PM  
Blogger Kent Chamberlain said...

Link us to the Goth.net spam, Acamas.

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They deleted it, unfortunetly. I would of linked it on time but since you banned me I cant!

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home